The Intensive Care Unit Infectious Diseases Caught Fire

0
16

The Intensive Care Unit Infectious Diseases of the Hospital Constanta Caught Fire

The Intensive Care Unit Infectious Diseases of the Hospital Constanta, in Romania Caught Fire A fire broke out on Friday 01 October, at the Infectious Diseases Hospital in Constanța, at the intensive care unit. The red intervention plan has been activated. Seven of the ten patients who were in the ATI Covid ward died. The other patients were taken out the window in a dramatic rescue operation.

Reports: 7 or 9 dead died in the fire?

After previously the head of ISU Dobrogea, Cristian Amarandei, announced that nine people had died, the prosecutor in charge of the case announced that there were in fact seven patients who lost their lives in the fire at the Infectious Diseases Hospital in Constanța. Also, the Minister of Interior, Lucian Bode, announced that there are seven people who died.

The Minister of Interior, Lucian Bode, declared that seven patients died on Friday in the fire at the Infectious Diseases Hospital in Constanța, not nine, as the people on the spot “wrongly” communicated.“They need to clarify, I wanted to bring you the right information,” Bode said.

A criminal case has been opened for culpable homicide

“A criminal case has been opened for culpable homicide. Colleagues from the Institute of Criminology have come, we are going to identify everything that can be identified. From the information I have, we have 7 deceased, the identification is to be made, let’s hope that the number of deceased does not increase.

criminal case has been opened for culpable homicide

Most likely, an expert will be available to see the causes, whether they can be imputed to a person or not. Not all the dead were found on the beds, not all were burned, some died intoxicated with smoke.

According to sources close to the investigation, the computers burned in the fire and there was no clear evidence of all the patients. Two patients had already been transferred, and those who did not find them sent information that he had died.

President Klaus Iohannis said he was horrified by the tragedy

President Klaus Iohannis said he was horrified by the tragedy that took place this morning at the Infectious Diseases Hospital in Constanța.

“It is a terrible new drama that confirms the deficient infrastructure of the Romanian health system, an outdated system, hard tried and put under an unimaginable pressure by the wave of the COVID-19 pandemic.

President Klaus Iohannis said he was horrified by the tragedy

I send my condolences to the bereaved families and a lot of strength to be able to face these extremely painful moments. I wish a speedy recovery to all patients and medical staff who have suffered from the fire. It is unimaginable what suffering all these people who came to the hospital went through with the hope that they will be healed.

I urged the Prime Minister and the Minister of Health to take all necessary measures and do absolutely everything possible to prevent another accident from happening in hospitals in the country, the president added.

The hospital manager said: “Everything was working, but trouble happened”

The head of ISU Constanța said that no victims were found in other areas of the hospital. Amarandei added that in February there was a check at all medical units, especially those that provided Covid support, that irregularities were found and sanctions were applied.

“The faults were fixed, everything was done according to the law,” said the hospital’s manager, Stela Halichidis.

“All the opinions were legal, everything worked, but trouble happened. We’ll see why,” said the manager, who said he could not give further statements because he was not feeling well.

the hospital's manager, Stela Halichidis.

“I’m sorry, what do you want me to die here?” She told reporters.

“The network was checked, it was not oversized,” added the manager, who said there was nothing extra at the facility.

The case will be investigated by the prosecutors

The case will be investigated by the prosecutors from the Prosecutor’s Office of the Constanța Court. Policemen and criminals left Bucharest for Constanța, where they will investigate with Constanta prosecutors. They will do research on the spot and take samples. Medical devices will be lifted for expertise to see if it was a technical malfunction or a human error.

Source: https://www.digi24.ro/

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.